Friday, August 29, 2008

Houston Bound

We made up our mind to move from Charlotte to Houston just after I told Becky that I had decided to name the new baby after the county in which he was to be born. I guess Becky decided that "Harris" was a better name than "Mecklenburg."

After my one-day, 1,100 mile drive from Charlotte to Houston, I visited a half dozen rental houses in the area right around the Houston temple and found a good one that we will rent for a year. I will try to attach a photo if I can figure out the technology of this web site. The house has a very nice pool in the backyard and all of us are excited about jumping in when we get there.

The plan is to load up the 26 foot U-Haul truck one week from today and head out on Saturday morning. We will probably make the drive in two days, although that schedule may be affected by children's temperaments and/or one of the many hurricanes that live along the gulf coast like so many trolls under a bridge.

I begin my new job at Bracewell & Giuliani on September 15th. I will be doing energy work, mainly commodity trading, with some asset sales transactions and a bit of real estate thrown in.

Becky has made contact with a new doctor in Houston and will go in for an initial visit a few days after we arrive in Texas. Switching doctors at 32 weeks of pregnancy takes guts.

I will pass along our new contact info once we get it finalized. Wish us luck.

Jon






Stuart's 2nd birthday celebration

No comments: